Saturday, October 22, 2016

PARENTING 14 GOSPEL PRINCIPLES








I just want to start this out by saying that I love to read pretty much any type of book.  I am always trying to improve myself, my family and I even share some with my true friends.  As you know being a parent is a constant job and I try to find easier and better ways to parent.  You must know what I mean if your a parent.

BOOK DESCRIPTION:


In the midst of folding laundry, coordinating carpool schedules, and breaking up fights, many parents get lost. Feeling pressure to do everything “right” and raise up “good” children, it’s easy to lose sight of our ultimate purpose as parents in the quest for practical tips and guaranteed formulas.
In this life-giving book, Paul Tripp offers parents much more than a to-do list. Instead, he presents us with a big-picture view of God’s plan for us as parents. Outlining fourteen foundational principles centered on the gospel, he shows that we need more than the latest parenting strategy or list of techniques. Rather, we need the rescuing grace of God—grace that has the power to shape how we view everything we do as parents.  Freed from the burden of trying to manufacture life-change in our children’s hearts, we can embrace a grand perspective of parenting overflowing with vision, purpose, and joy.








WHAT I THINK ABOUT THIS BOOK:

I usually can read anything and everything, well most of the time.  This book just seemed like it took forever to get done.  It really was dull and boring to read.   I felt like Tripp was saying only follow God’s laws and then in the next sentence he was saying something contradicting. Yes, this book did have some enjoyable parts and I did learn a few things from it but it was not an easy read.  You really need to ponder on what they are saying.  It is not broken down to really understand it. 

This next section is a little bit about what I did like in this.  Tripp discussed being humble with our kids. Meaning, showing our kids that we are imperfect just like they are. We need to apologize to our children when we do wrong. Show them we’re imperfect so our kids are willing to come to us when they have problems. Us as parents can't just yell at our children when they come to us with problems or need us as parents.  This will just push the children farther away.  I know I don't want and I am sure you won't want that either.




If you would like to read this book then just stop right HERE.

*************************************


“Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255:  “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”):  Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway.  Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation.  I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.









No comments:

Post a Comment