Monday, February 15, 2016

Deb's Food Journal Post #1 (February)


 Welcome to the first monthly post in Deb's Food Journal!  Each month there will be post with food product reviews, recipes, food and etc.  You can say just about anything that has to do with food it will be in the posts.



We tend to think of Valentine’s Day as “owning” February, but this list says otherwise. Don’t let one day of red satin candy boxes limit your celebration, when there are month-long festivities like:
There are so many more.  I actually was very surprised when I started to research it.  I never knew there were so many.  It could be a fun way to celebrate and teach your children about all of the other days to celebrate.  That is what I used to do when my children were young.  Plus it just makes a fun day on a rainy, boring weekend.


Now since it is " Great American Pie" month I want to share my favorite pie recipe.


BERRY DELICIOUS BLACK BOTTOM PIE


• 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
• 1 Cookie or graham pie crust
• 12 ounces of Cream Cheese (1½ pkg. of cream cheese)
• 1/2 cup prepared icing
• 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
• 15-20 California Strawberries
• Whipped Cream for garnish

Directions:
Melt chocolate chips in double boiler or in the microwave and drizzle on bottom of pie crust. 

Blend together cream cheese, icing and vanilla until smooth. 

Spread the cream cheese mixture over drizzled chocolate on crust and arrange the California Strawberries on top of cream cheese mixture with ends pointed upward. 

Finally, put whipped cream on top of strawberries and serve.
** You really need to give this a try.  I know you will love it! **

****************


Now onto the first food product review I would love to share with you.  You might have already heard of this company and maybe even tried some of their products.  This is for everyone that either heard of them or not.  I want to introduce you to Newman's Own.

All of their chocolate candies!

These are awesome for all the chocolate lovers that are out there.  I know exactly what that means when I say Chocolate lovers!  My husband, Hector is a serious Chocolate Lover!  Now don't get me wrong I like chocolate, but I can't say I am in the top Chocolate Lovers group.  

Now let me tell you about these chocolate bars. They have milk chocolate and dark chocolate.  The taste of the chocolate is amazing and it really is the best.  Now you don't have to take my word for it, give it a try for yourself.

Our chocolate bars and cups made from carefully selected organic cocoa beans and other fine ingredients result in richer flavors and a creamy, smooth texture. 




I personally never had tried Hermits.  I did find these to be actually pretty good.  They have three different flavors, which are original, Ginger and Cinnamon.

I do have to say that these are a soft, chewy cookie.  The taste is out of this world.

You need to try these Hermits!






Now I would like to introduce you to some great olive oil and vinegar.   Our extra-virgin olive oil, produced in Tunisa, is considered one of the finest and fruitiest of the olive oils. The balsamic vinegar from Modena, Italy has been aged in wooden casks producing a smooth, mellow character.  I say if you are going to prepare a great meal then use the best that is out there.




We all love cookies from time to time and some love them even more.  Let me tell you they have seven different kinds of the sandwich  cookies, like oreo's.   I was lucky enough to get to test taste two kinds of them.  The original Newman O's, which are the chocolate cookies with the white filler for the inside.  I actually like these more than Oreo's and price great.  Shhh this is just our secret!  The other kind I had received was Vanilla Newman O's and they were very tasty too.  I am hoping in the future I will be able to try the other flavors of the Newman O's.  




Now the last of the Newman's Own review.  Yes these do say Alphabet  cookies.  They are small, square cookies with the letters right on them.  These are pretty cool for young children.  They are just the right size even for a 4-year old.  They are very tasty and great for a snack anytime.

They have nine different flavors of Alphabet Cookies.  I personally tasted the Chocolate and the Vanilla Alphabet Cookies and I can say they were great.

                    Give them a try!

Well I shared my opinion of all the GOODIES I had received from Newman's Own.  I personally  can say a these products I listed above are very good, has a great taste to them and they are made organic so they are healthier.  Well why don't you just go to their awesome site and look through and grab yourself a few things to try.  Just click HERE and your on your way!!!

*********************************************************************************
More to come for February...come back and check in!
********************************************************************************





No comments:

Post a Comment