Sunday, May 22, 2016

WHY WE ALL LOVE HALLOWEEN....

(I do have this post written up on my older blog, but this is the one I am always using so I wanted to transfer it)





I wanted to create this post about Halloween because I love Halloween.  I am hoping that all my readers love Halloween as much as I do.  In this post, I am going to tell you about some of the history of Halloween.  I will share what I love the best about Halloween, my favorite candy, the costumes I used to wear as a child and now as an adult, the best all time Halloween movie that my family watches every year and much more.  So just keep reading…….
A Little History Of Halloween:
Halloween is the time for  celebration and superstition.  It is thought to have originated with the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain, when people would light bonfires and wear costumes to ward off roaming ghosts. In the eighth century, Pope Gregory III designated November 1 as a time to honor all saints and martyrs; the holiday, All Saints’ Day, incorporated some of the traditions of Samhain.  The evening before was known as All Hallows’ Eve and later Halloween. Over time, Halloween evolved into a secular, community-based event characterized by child-friendly activities such as trick-or-treating. In a number of countries around the world, as the days grow shorter and the nights get colder, people continue to usher in the winter season with gatherings, costumes and sweet treats.  By 43 A.D., the Roman Empire had conquered the majority of Celtic territory. In the course of the four hundred years that they ruled the Celtic lands, two festivals of Roman origin were combined with the traditional Celtic celebration of Samhain.  On May 13, 609 A.D., Pope Boniface IV dedicated the Pantheon in Rome in honor of all Christian martyrs, and the Catholic feast of All Martyrs Day was established in the Western church. Pope Gregory III (731–741) later expanded the festival to include all saints as well as all martyrs, and moved the observance from May 13 to November 1. By the 9th century the influence of Christianity had spread into Celtic lands, where it gradually blended with and supplanted the older Celtic rites.  There is some history about Halloween.  I really liked researching and sharing this with you all.  I really found this part really interesting because I always loved Halloween but never knew really nothing important about it.  Now we all learned something new together.
My Favorite Candy:
Come on I know you like to get some candy on Halloween!  It doesn’t matter if you go to a Halloween party, trick or treating or stealing a few pieces from your children.  I personally have six children and it was such a great trick and treating in our family.  They all used to have so much candy.  Let me tell you I really miss it now because they are all grown.  I don’t miss it because of the candy, it was our family time together walking from house to house and then driving to relatives houses.  Let me see my favorite candy they had gotten and gave to me are: mini kit kats, the smartee rolls of candy and mini tootsie rolls.  What is your favorite type of Halloween candy?
Costumes:
Well let’s see as a child my favorite three costumes was this awesome witch my parents had gotten for me, Little Red Riding Hood and Wonder Women.  Those are my top three costumes I wore when I was a child.  Now let’s see I only have dressed up twice as an adult.  The first one was a witch again, but more structure to the costume and face and the second one was nurse. I have been invited to a Halloween party this year and I already have my costume.  It is a French Maid costume.  I actually received the French Maid costume for a review from www.CostumeSuperCenter.com and it will be on my review website real soon.  So make sure you check it out by this weekend onwww.thpickyreviewgal.weebly.com  What is your favorite costume when you were a child?  Do you dress up for Halloween now as an adult?
Halloween Movies:
Well I am going to share with you the family horror movie, my favorite one and the ones my husband and I still watch now together.   The family horror movie used to be Nightmare On Elm Street every Halloween after trick n treating.  I used to sit with the children eating candy and wrapped in a blanket watching this movie every year.  The reason we picked this movie is because we used to live on Elm street and it was just so much fun with my children.  My favorite personal horror movie are the Leprechaun movies.  These are just so awesome, well my opinion.  If you never heard of them or saw any of them, you really should this Halloween.  Now my husband and I we tend to try to watch a few new horror movies on Halloween.  If there is not any we tend to watch the Grudge, Friday the 13th or really anything as long as it is horror.  What kind of Horror movies do you watch?  Do you have a favorite tradition for Halloween night?
Well I guess I wrote about everything I wanted to and I will include a great link for a movie.  Then maybe you can check them out if you never saw them and make them a part of your Halloween tradition.  


Let me know if you LOVED it!





No comments:

Post a Comment